THE SCHOOL BOARD OF BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDENT
SPECIAL SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 9:30 A.M.
Kathleen C. Wright Administration Center
600 Southeast Third Avenue, Board Room
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
AGENDA FOR SPECIAL MEETING
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
PURPOSE OF MEETING: For The School Board of Broward County, Florida to Approve the Personnel Recommendations for Non-Instructional Appointments and Leaves for the 2019-2020 School Year, and any other items the Board deems necessary.
1. Personnel Recommendations for Non-Instructional Appointments and Leaves for the 2019-2020 School Year (Supporting Docs)
Approve the personnel recommendations for appointments and reassignments as listed on the attached Executive Summary, respective lists and individual appointments for Non-Instructional Employees. All recommendations are made pending security clearance and with the understanding that these individuals will comply with regulations/policies as set forth by the Florida Department of Education and The School Board of Broward County, Florida.
The Personnel Recommendations for Non-Instructional Employees include the following sections:
1. Non-Instructional (Non-Managerial) Approval(s)/Reassignment(s)/Promotion(s)/Demotion(s)
2. Non-Instructional (Non-Managerial) Substitutes/Temporary Employees
3. Non-Instructional (Non-Managerial) Leave(s)-Layoff(s)
4. Managerial/Professional/Technical (ESMAB, PBA, TSP) Recommended Appointments
5. Reassignment of Current School-Based and District Managerial Appointments
6. School-Based Managerial Personnel Recommended Appointments
7. School-Based and District Managerial Acting/Special/Task Assignment(s) Personnel
8. School-Based and District Managerial Leave(s)-Layoff(s)
9. Salary Adjustment(s)
Funding has been budgeted in the 2019-2020 school/fiscal year for all appointments through June 30, 2020.
2. Construction Services Agreement (CM for CMAR) - James B. Pirtle Construction Company, Inc. d/b/a Pirtle Construction Company - Northeast High School - Oakland Park - Project No. P.001684 - SMART Program Renovations - RFQ 16-194C (Supporting Docs)
Approve the recommendation to award the above Construction Services Agreement.
User Department: Office of Facilities & Construction; Lump Sum Pre-Construction
Award Amount: $105,000;
Construction Manager's Fee: 5.163%; Vendor Award: Pirtle Construction Company;
Minority/Women Business Enterprise Vendor(s): 25% participation for Pre-Construction services; Commitment of 35% participation for future construction services.
Scope of Work: See Executive Summary (Exhibit 1).
This Agreement has been reviewed and approved as to form and legal content by the Office of the General Counsel.
The financial impact of approving this Construction Services Agreement is $105,000. This project has been appropriated in the Adopted District Educational Facilities Plan (September 5, 2018). There is no impact to the project budget.
PURSUANT TO FLORIDA STATUTE 286.0105: Any person who decides to appeal any decision made at a meeting(s) announced in this notice with respect to any matter considered at such meeting(s) will need a record of the proceedings and for such purpose may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
PURSUANT TO FLORIDA STATUTE 120.54(5)(b)2: Telephone conferencing or other telecommunications media technology may be used in the conduct of this meeting to permit absent members of the Board or committee to participate and to be heard by those persons in attendance at the noticed location of the meeting.
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008, (ADAAA) may call Equal Educational Opportunities/ADA Compliance Department at (754) 321-2150 or Teletype Machine TTY (754) 321-2158.