THE SCHOOL BOARD OF BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDENT
Special School Board Meeting
Kathleen C. Wright Administration Center
600 Southeast Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2019 – 9:30 A.M.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
PURPOSE OF MEETING: For The School Board of Broward County, Florida to approve Personnel Recommendations for Non-Instructional Appointments and Leaves for the 2018-2019 School Year, and any other items the Board deems necessary.
1. Personnel Recommendations for Non-Instructional Appointments and Leaves for the 2018-2019 School Year (Supporting Docs)
Approve the personnel recommendations for appointments and reassignments as listed on the attached Executive Summary, respective lists and individual appointments for Non-Instructional Employees. All recommendations are made pending security clearance and with the understanding that these individuals will comply with regulations/policies as set forth by the Florida Department of Education and The School Board of Broward County, Florida.
The Personnel Recommendations for Non-Instructional Employees include the following sections:
1. Non-Instructional (Non-Managerial) Approval(s)/Reassignment(s)/Promotion(s)/Demotion(s)
2. Non-Instructional (Non-Managerial) Substitutes/Temporary Employees
3. Non-Instructional (Non-Managerial) Leave(s)-Layoff(s)
4. Managerial/Professional/Technical (ESMAB, PBA, TSP) Recommended Appointments
5. Reassignment of Current School-Based and District Managerial Appointments
6. School-Based Managerial Personnel Recommended Appointments
7. School-Based and District Managerial Acting/Special/Task Assignment(s) Personnel
8. School-Based and District Managerial Leave(s)-Layoff(s)
9. Salary Adjustment(s)
Funding has been budgeted in the 2018-2019 school/fiscal year for all appointments through June 30, 2019.
2. District School Safety Specialist (Supporting Docs)
Approve the designation of the new Chief Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness Officer as the District's School Safety Specialist.
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Safety Act requires each district school superintendent to designate a school administrator as a School Safety Specialist. During the June 26, 2018 Regular School Board Meeting, the Board approved the Chief, Special Investigative Unit, as the District's School Safety Specialist. It is now requested the Board approve the Chief, Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness Officer as the District's School Safety Specialist.
See Supporting Docs for Continuation of Summary Explanation and Background.
There is no financial impact to the District.
PURSUANT TO FLORIDA STATUTE 286.0105: Any person who decides to appeal any decision made at a meeting(s) announced in this notice with respect to any matter considered at such meeting(s) will need a record of the proceedings and for such purpose may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
PURSUANT TO FLORIDA STATUTE 120.54(5)(b)2: Telephone conferencing or other telecommunications media technology may be used in the conduct of this meeting to permit absent members of the Board or committee to participate and to be heard by those persons in attendance at the noticed location of the meeting.
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008, (ADAAA) may call Equal Educational Opportunities/ADA Compliance Department at (754) 321-2150 or Teletype Machine TTY (754) 321-2158.